Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- The library's main floor will be open by appointment only.
- View our hours of operation.
- Computers, solo study spaces and exam rooms are available for online booking.
- There are 15 computers and 7 solo study spaces available in the Archer Commons area.
- There are also 8 exam rooms available for remotely proctored exams using the ProctorTrack software.
- Bookings are available for up to 4 hours.
- You must book online in advance. Walk-ins will not be permitted.
- Your booking will be confirmed when you arrive at the Library. No booking means no access to the library.
- Physical access to Archives and Special Collections and Microfilm resources will be permitted through pre-arranged appointments. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for archival requests, and email@example.com for other requests.
- Only the main floor is open. Access to other floors is not permitted. We offer a request and pickup service if you need physical books or other material.
- The Teacher Preparation Centre is closed indefinitely, but materials may be requested.
- For updates about Campion, Luther, and First Nations University libraries, please check their respective websites.
Online Books and Journals
- We subscribe to thousands of e-journals, e-books, and databases and you can access them 24/7 from anywhere in the world.
- The best place to start is Quick Find, the Archer Library portal to our entire collection. To find full text items in Quick Find, refine your search using the "Full text online" filter.
- Information about searching Quick Find can be found here. If you are having trouble finding what you need, you can reach us via chat, email or text (306-993-1116).
- You may also want to try the Hathi Trust Digital Library (login with your uregina.ca username), or search our databases directly from the Library database listing.
- We also have a broad range of research guides available to help you locate information.
- When connecting to e-journals, e-books, and databases from Quick Find from off-campus you will need to authenticate using EZProxy. Normally, you will be directed to an authentication page where you need to enter your uregina.ca username and password (also used for Webmail and URCourses). If you are having trouble logging in with your uregina.ca username/password, please contact the IT Support Desk or visit our off-campus access page.
- The Archer Library provides three options for requesting physical items (books, CDs, DVDs, etc.) from the library collection:
- Curbside pickup of materials will continue through our contact-free book pickup lockers
- Mail delivery to your home (only within Canada)
- Digital delivery (where permitted by licenses and copyright)
- Please note that delays may be experienced with the curbside pickup, mail out, and digitization services.
- Requesting "Pickup", "Mail Delivery", and "Digitization" has been activated in Quick Find! Look for the request options on item records to place requests directly in the catalog. Learn more about requests and pickup.
- Please note:
- Due to copyright restrictions, we cannot accept student requests to digitize commercial textbooks. If you are an instructor, please contact your subject librarian and they can assist you with course materials.
- Please be aware that most commercial textbook publishers do not allow libraries to purchase or license electronic textbooks, so in many cases we cannot provide digital access to those materials.
- Library materials from Federated Colleges (Campion, Luther, First Nations University of Canada) will be picked up and returned at the Archer Library (except for First Nations University campuses in Saskatoon and Prince Albert).
- The book drops in the corridor in front of the Library are accessible if there is an urgent need to return materials.
- Given disruptions in returning materials, fines accrued after May 1, 2021 will not be enforced until August 28th, 2021.
- If you wish to return your materials, there is a return slot outside of the Archer Library (look for signs).
- The physical Reserves and Textbooks For All services are not available until further notice. Items from those collections are available for regular loan, request and recall.
- Library laptops and iPads are no longer available for circulation.
- We are processing interlibrary loans.