Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Course Support for Instructors
- Library staff will be providing instruction via Zoom. If you'd like to book an instruction session, please contact us.
- The physical Reserves and Textbooks For All services are not available until further notice.
- We will help you set up electronic reading lists for all of your courses. As part of this service, we aim to provide online versions for as many course materials as we can, depending on publisher availability and copyright restrictions.
- Please be aware that the most commercial textbook publishers do not allow libraries to purchase or license electronic textbooks. Your subject librarian can help you identify alternative course readings.
- For copyright considerations when moving your course online, please visit this guide.
- As part of the University’s response to Regina’s heightened rates of COVID-19 infections, including cases involving variants of concern, and in alignment with the Government of Saskatchewan's latest public health orders for Regina and area, the Dr. John Archer Library and Archives will cease providing solo study and non-exam related computer access effective March 28, 2021.
- Proctored exam rooms are still available for online booking.
- These rooms are reserved for remotely proctored exams using the ProctorTrack software.
- Bookings are available for up to 4 hours.
- You must book online 24 hours in advance. Walk-ins will not be permitted.
- Your booking will be confirmed when you arrive at the Library. No booking means no access to the library.
- Physical access to the Library and Archives is not permitted at this time, except for proctored exams. We offer a request and pickup service if you need physical books or other material.
- The Teacher Preparation Centre is closed indefinitely, but materials may be requested.
- For updates about Campion, Luther, and First Nations University libraries, please check their respective websites.
Online Books and Journals
- We subscribe to thousands of e-journals, e-books, and databases and you can access them 24/7 from anywhere in the world.
- The best place to start is Quick Find, the Archer Library portal to our entire collection. To find full text items in Quick Find, refine your search using the "Full text online" filter.
- Information about searching Quick Find can be found here. If you are having trouble finding what you need, you can reach us via chat, email or text (306-993-1116).
- You may also want to try the Hathi Trust Digital Library (login with your uregina.ca username), or search our databases directly from the Library database listing.
- We also have a broad range of research guides available to help you locate information.
- When connecting to e-journals, e-books, and databases from Quick Find from off-campus you will need to authenticate using EZProxy. Normally, you will be directed to an authentication page where you need to enter your uregina.ca username and password (also used for Webmail and URCourses). If you are having trouble logging in with your uregina.ca username/password, please contact the IT Support Desk or visit our off-campus access page.
- The Archer Library provides three options for requesting physical items (books, CDs, DVDs, etc.) from the library collection:
- Curbside pickup of materials will continue through our contact-free book pickup lockers
- Mail delivery to your home (only within Canada)
- Digital delivery (where permitted by licenses and copyright)
- Please note that delays may be experienced with the curbside pickup, mail out, and digitization services.
- Requesting "Pickup", "Mail Delivery", and "Digitization" has been activated in Quick Find! Look for the request options on item records to place requests directly in the catalog. Learn more about requests and pickup.
- Please note:
- Due to copyright restrictions, we cannot accept student requests to digitize commercial textbooks. If you are an instructor, please contact your subject librarian and they can assist you with course materials.
- Please be aware that most commercial textbook publishers do not allow libraries to purchase or license electronic textbooks, so in many cases we cannot provide digital access to those materials.
- Library materials from Federated Colleges (Campion, Luther, First Nations University of Canada) will be picked up and returned at the Archer Library (except for First Nations University campuses in Saskatoon and Prince Albert).
- Materials currently on loan have been renewed until May 5, 2021. The book drops in the corridor in front of the Library are accessible if there is an urgent need to return materials.
- Given disruptions in returning materials, fines accrued after May 1, 2021 will not be enforced until August 28th, 2021.
- If you wish to return your materials, there is a return slot outside of the Archer Library (look for signs).
- The physical Reserves and Textbooks For All services are not available until further notice. Items from those collections are available for regular loan, request and recall.
- Library laptops and iPads are no longer available for circulation.
- We are processing interlibrary loans.