Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Options for Requesting Materials
Students, faculty, and staff can place requests for physical items (books, CDs, DVDs, etc.) for curbside pickup, mail delivery or digitization using the Quickfind system. View our Quick Find guide for help using Quick Find. Requests can be made in Quick Find for items from the Archer, Luther, Campion, and First Nations University Libraries.
To request an item:
- Find the item you want in Quick Find and go to Request Options (Note: to view request options you must sign into Quick Find first using your U of R username/password).
- Select your request option (pickup or mail delivery). If you've selected mail delivery, enter your mailing address.
- Do not come to the library until you have received an email saying your request is available.
When you receive your pickup notification, your materials will be held at the library for 7 days, after which time they will be discharged and returned to the library collection.
The health and safety of our staff and library users is our highest priority. To make pickup as safe as possible, we have implemented the following measures:
- It is mandatory to wear a mask at all times while in the Library and on-campus. Please bring a face mask if you have one.
- Physical distancing will be facilitated by decals on the ground indicating 2 metre spacing between people.
- Turnaround time for all requests will depend on the availability of the requested item.
- Because library staff are working remotely, the turnaround time for digitization may take up to a week for print materials and two to four weeks for other requests (e.g. digitization of DVDs for streaming), assuming the items are available.
- For pickup requests and mail delivery, we will process the item within one week. Materials from the federated college libraries may take a day or two longer than other items. Due to potential shipping delays, we cannot provide a delivery estimate for mail requests.