Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Books at the University of Regina
Searching for Books
Use Quick Find to find books (including e-books) at the University of Regina Library, Campion College Library, Luther College Library, First Nations University Library, and online.
Quick Find offers two search modes: Basic Search and Advanced Search.
- In Basic Search, you initiate a search by entering keywords. When you get a list of search results, look for Resource Types to the left of the list, and click on the word Books under it. This leaves only books in your search results.
- In Advanced Search you have options when you enter your keywords, such as limiting the search to a specific field (e.g. title, author, ISBN). You can limit your search results to books by selecting books from the Material Type menu, or by using the same method as is used in Basic Search (described above).
Tip for students, faculty, and staff not based at the Regina campus: You can request any print book through UREAD.
Browsing for Computer Science Books
Computer science books at the University of Regina Library are on the 4th floor at the following call numbers:
- QA75.5 - QA76.95 — This is where you find most computer science books.
Books on specific programming languages are at QA76.73.
- Q300 - Q342 — Artificial intelligence, machine learning, cybernetics
- Q350 - Q375 — Information theory
- QA267 - QA267.5 — Automata, formal languages
- QA267.7 — Computational complexity
- QA268 — Coding theory, error control codes
- QA297 — Numerical analysis, numerical methods
- QA298 — Simulation, Monte Carlo method
- TK5105.5 - TK5105.9 — Computer networks, Internet
Note: Some computer science books are online only. All books, printed and online, are listed in Quick Find. Records for online books in Quick Find provide a link to the book. Reference books are located on the first floor at the same call numbers as shown above.
Books at Other Libraries
There are many computer science books that are not owned by the University of Regina Library. You may request any book that is not owned by the U of R via Interlibrary Loan (or UREAD if you are a distance education student, or a faculty or staff member not based at the Regina campus).
Here are some resources to identify books not owned by the U of R: