Search Google Scholar
Google web search
Set Google Scholar Preferences
- Before you can search content licensed by the University of Regina Library you must set your preferences in Google Scholar so that it will access U of R online content and export citations into RefWorks.
- From the Google Scholar search page click Scholar Preferences at the top right of the page.
- Scroll down to the Library Links section in the middle of the page.
- At Library Links, type: regina into the search box and click Find Library.
- A resulting list of libraries should display.
- Click in the box next to University of Regina - Where Can I Get This?
- Scroll further down the page and, at Bibliography Manager, click in the radio button beside Show links to import citations into and select RefWorks from the drop-down menu.
- Click Save Preferences.
- Do a search.
- If a resulting citation shows the Where Can I Get This? icon beside the citation this indicates this article is availalbe from University of Regina licensed content.
- Click on the Where Can I Get This? icon and it should lead you to the online database or ejournal which the article is in.
Search Google Scholar Off Campus
Off campus access to the Google Scholar is provided through our EZProxy server software. Once authenticated, no matter where you are connecting from, your computer appears to vendors as a part of University of Regina network.
If you are on campus, you will bypass EZProxy and be sent directly to Google Scholar.
If you are off campus, you will see this authentication page to login. Use either your University of Regina uregina (e-mail) username and password, or enter your last name and your Library barcode number (as it appears on your University of Regina photo ID card). When you are authenticated as a valid Library client you be sent to Google Scholar.
- If you have a new ID number and have not charged any materials from the Library yet, you may not be able to connect to Google Scholar from off campus.
- Go to or phone (585-4133) the Borrowing Desk in the Dr. John Archer Library and ask staff to enter your barcode ID into the Voyager Circulation system. Users supported by UREAD (Education by a distance) should phone 1-800-667-6014 (in Saskatchewan) to obtain a barcode.
- Please note: Access to Google Scholar will take affect 2 hours after your barcode is saved to the Voyager database.
- The EZProxy uses only valid IDs which are current on Voyager. If you are denied access to a database check with Circulation (585-4133) to be sure your ID has been registered or has not expired.
- If you are unable to log in, please contact the Library Systems Dept. at (306) 585-4015 or the IT Support Centre at (306) 585-4685 or email IT.Support@uregina.ca.
Associate University Librarian, Systems and Information Technology